1. Shaw + Smith ‘M3’ Chardonnay, Adelaide Hills, Australia 2016
2. Crystallum Clay Shales Chardonnay, Walker Bay, South Africa 2018
3. Chateau de Santenay, Mercury ‘Le Roc Blanc’, Burgundy, France
4. Framingham F-Series Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand 2016
5. Greywacke Wild Sauvignon, Marlborough, New Zealand 2016
6. Bodega Garzon Albarino Reserva, Uruguay 2018
Albert Bichot Chablis, Domaine Long-Depaquit
This Chablis shows classic mineral notes, followed by a fresh citrusy flavour and an excellent follow through. It naturally pairs well with smoked salmon and oysters.
Sancerre, Domaine Bonnard
A fresh and vivacious Sancerre, with lots of zesty fruit, good acidity and a long finish. It has an excellent balance between weight of fruit and acidity.
Three Amigos, MC Henry Hohnen
Margaret River, Australia
A nutty, silky wine with creamy fruit and exotic hints, Full and well balanced with oak this is a good interesting wine from David Hohnen, the founder of Cloudy Bay, in partnership with his daughter Freya Hohnen and his brother-in-law Murray McHenry.