- 2. Hacker Pschorr Oktoberfest Marzen (6.1%)£3/£6Forbidden as it was to brew in summer, a stronger beer – the Märzen – was brewed earlier in March. It would finally be served at the Oktoberfest, under the “Heaven of Bavaria”. We have returned once again to the age-old recipe and recreated that gloriously smooth, honey-coloured piece of history from times gone by. And all is brewed with due reverence to the Bavarian Purity Law of 1516.
- 3. Ayinger Celebrator (6.7%)£3/£6Bottom-fermented, dark doppelbock beer. A beer that has a dominant malty taste. This beer’s origins in a monk’s recipe are reflected in its heartiness. The Pope of Beers, Conrad Seidl, describes it as: “Almost black with a very slight red tone, a sensational, festive foam and truly extraordinary fragrance that at first summons up visions of greaves lard. The first taste is of mild fullness with an accompanying coffee tone, which becomes more dominant with the aftertaste. There is very little of the sweetness that is frequently to be tasted with doppelbock beer.” The Ayinger Celebrator has been ranked among the best beers of the world by the Chicago Testing Institute several times and has won numerous medals.
- 4. Kostritzer Kellerbier (4.8%)£2.8/£5.6An unfiltered, bottom-fermented specialty beer for true beer enthusiasts. Full-flavoured and naturally cloudy, Köstritzer Kellerbier brings a taste sensation that’s rooted in old-time brewing tradition. The incomparable character comes from using the best raw ingredients, like specialty and roasted malts, as well as carefully-selected hops.
- 5. Früh Kölsch (5.8%)£2.8/£5.6The Kölsch of the Cologne people. The popular Cologne beer with its deliciously palatable taste is the Cologne specialty – and an original. People from Cologne know how to enjoy life and always find a reason to toast with a morning Kölsch.
It is still brewed today according to the original recipe by Peter Josef Früh – from the best ingredients and in accordance with the German Purity Law.
- 6. Berliner Pilsner (5%)£2.7/£5.4Water, barley malt, hops and yeast: that’s all it takes to brew a good beer. A flair for the best raw materials from nature, craftsmanship and great experience. But above all, a lot of passion for really good beer – your Berlin Pilsner. Only real with the red Berlin Pilsner Bear.
A perfectly clear golden pour with a generous white head. Roasted malt and hay on the nose, slight caramel malt taste and a crisp clean finish. An excellent example of a pilsner, Prost!
- 7. Schöfferhofer Grapefruit (2.5%)£2.3/£4.6The world’s first Hefeweizen grapefruit beer – It’s a 50/50 blend of Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen beer and natural carbonated grapefruit flavor for a zesty and fizzy taste experience.
- Crisp and refreshing, Schöfferhofer Grapefruit can be enjoyed all year round, any time of day.
- Tennents 4%£2.1/£4.2/£16Tennents Lager is brewed to meticulously high standards, using exceptional ingredients and characterised by its clean taste and refreshingly crisp finish.
- Hogan’s 100% Fresh Pressed Cider 4.5%£2.4/£4.8/ £18Our original no-nonsense cider, 100% fresh pressed. It’s authentically distinctive appley aroma mixed with peaty notes. Packed full of classic cider apple tannins with a well-balanced and pleasing complexity.
- Berries & Cherries Old Mout Cider 5%£2.65/£5.3/£21
- Corona Extra 4.5%£3.80
- Peroni 5.1%£3.9
- Lucky Saint 0.5%£4Progressively crafted with over 400 years of proud brewing heritage, Lucky Saint brings you an unfiltered beer that’s alcohol-free yet full of flavour. Lucky Saint is born of Bavarian spring water, pilsner malt, hallertau hops and their single-use yeast for a unique lager that is unfiltered and uncompromising.
- Black Isle Porter 4.6%£5This organic dark porter from Black Isle Brewery is a real mouthful, in the best kind of way. A stunning ruby colour, you’ll catch the scent of coffee just before you take a sip, when you’ll be greeted by liquorice flavours and slight bitterness.
- Pilot Mochaccino Stout 5.5%£5Winner of the Bow Bar’s 2014 Dark Beer Challenge, Mochaccino Stout is a huge-bodied, full-flavoured milk stout, flavoured with coffee roast, raw and roast organic cocoa nibs and Tahitian vanilla. A rich, comforting can of luxury.
- £4.5Wheat beer bursting with energy!
You can tell its strength by its colour alone: “Schneider Weisse non-alcoholic” – the slightly darker, isotonic thirst-quencher energizes with 100% wheat beer taste at less than 0,5% alcohol. That’s how a “free” wheat beer should taste like: strong – just like Bavaria.
- Frozen Pina Colada£9
- Frozen Margarita£7.5/£8Regular & Strawberry (+50p) available.
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri£8.5
- Porn Star Cooler£8
- Aperol Spritz£7.5
- Wine Cooler£7.5
- Chambord Royal£6.2
- Paloma£7Patron Silver Tequila, 3 Cents Grapefruit Soda, Lime
Cocktails – Pitchers/Punch Bowls
- Wine Cooler£29
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri£29
- Frozen Margarita£30
- Absolut Vodka£3
- Grey Goose£3.8
- Edinburgh Rhubarb & Ginger£3.2
- Edinburgh Raspberry£3.2
- Gordons Pink Gin£3.2
- Kirsty Gin£4
- Monkey 47£4.5
- Bacardi 8 Year Old Reserva Ocho£5
- Havana #3£3.5
- Havana Especial£3.8
- Havana #7£4
- Jack Daniels£3.5
- Makers Mark£4
- Famous Grouse£3.2
- Patron Silver£4
- Tequila Rose£3.5
Spirits (By the Bottle)
Price includes your choice of mixers & garnish.
- Absolut Vodka£90
- Grey Goose£110
- Edinburgh Rhubarb & Ginger£70
- Edinburgh Raspberry£70
- Gordons Pink Gin£80
- Kirsty Gin£90
- Monkey 47£60
- Bacardi 8 Year Reserva Ocho£110
- Havana #3£90
- Havana Especial£85
- Havana #7£110
- Jack Daniels£85
- Makers Mark£110
- Patron Sliver£120
- Piper-Heidsieck Champagne£8.5 / Btl £49
The signature cuvée of the Piper-Heidsieck House is a round and vibrant non-vintage Cuvée Brut recalling the rich variety of its blend of 100 crus from across the patchwork of Champagne vineyards. This wine is pale golden in colour. On the nose, there are intense notes of almonds and fresh hazelnuts, with flavours of fresh pear and apple with a delicate hint of citrus. It is lively and light with added depth from the Pinot Noir, creating beautiful balance.
- Ca di Alte, Prosecco£4.5/btl £24This Prosecco is a light straw yellow with fine bubbles. A pleasant bouquet with notes of pear and white flowers that follow onto a palate which is bright and clean with a refreshing finish.
- Ca di Alte, Prosecco Rose£5/Btl £26This Prosecco Rosé is a beautiful peach pink, with a fine and persistent perlage. On the nose, intense fruity aromas of peach, raspberry and ripe passion fruit. On the palate, it is full-bodied with a pleasant acidity and a fresh and harmonious flavour.
- Pinot Grigio£5/Btl £20Straw yellow in colour, this wine has delicate citrus perfumes, an attractive biscuit character and white floral notes on the nose. Medium-bodied, with good balance, it has great finesse and a fresh, rounded finish.
- Ribbonwood, Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, N-Zealand£6.4/Btl £26This Sauvignon Blanc has an engaging nose, with aromas of grapefruit peel, a hint of thyme and gentle stony minerality. On the palate, there are flavours of bitter lemon with sweet herbal and redcurrant flavours. Supple and satisfying, the wine is balanced by a fine acid backbone.
- Goats do Roam (Rhone Blend) S-Africa£5.5/ Btl £23Made from 100% Fairtrade fruit sourced from vineyards on the slopes of Paarl Mountain, a Rhone inspired blend of 36% Viognier , 32% Grenache Blanc, 26% Roussanne, 6% Marsanne. Vibrant pale lemon-green in colour with attractive white blossom, peach and apricot aromas. The stone fruit profile continues onto the juicy palate which is medium bodied with well-balanced acidity
- Gabriëlskloof, `Rosebud` Bot River Rose£6/Btl £25Beautifully aromatic, the ‘Rosebud’ balances floral notes with fruity aromas of papaya, strawberry and watermelon. The palate is light-bodied with a refreshing acidity.
- 16 Stops, Shiraz£5.2/Btl £21Offering tremendous value for money, the 16 Stops wines are made with fruit from across South Australia. They are made alongside the Willunga 100 wines in McLaren Vale and benefit from the same input from consultant winemaker Mike Farmilo. The Shiraz is young and vibrant, with lovely dark fruit and spiced plums.
- Kaiken Clásico, Mendoza Malbec£5.5/Btl £23A smooth, full-bodied Malbec from the Andes mountains, this succulent, smoky wine has aromas of blackberries and plums with chocolate and sweet spice notes, complemented by notes of chocolate and tobacco. On the palate this wine displays extraordinary balance, freshness and soft tannins.
Full wine list available:
- Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero , 7-Up, 7-UP Free, Irn-Bru Free£2.70
- Fever Tree’s£2.50
- Three Cents Pink Grapefruit Soda£2.5
- Red Bull£3.00
@ ROO’S LEAP
2 Traill Drive, Montrose,
Angus DD10 8SW
+44 (0)1674 672157
Reservations are essential. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Note – Over 18’s only.